Edison Homes Services
Edison Homes offers different options for beautiful, luxury custom homes in Saskatoon. Ready to create the home you’ll truly love? It begins here!
With Edison Custom we offer you the chance to build from scratch, taking into account your exact specifications – from floor plans and custom kitchens to lighting and other quality design aesthetics. Work with your own personal designer and quality home builders to create your dream house, at an affordable price, without compromising on fit or finish.
With Edison Tailored, you don’t have to custom build from scratch. Drawn to a particular floor plan or home model? We can create a beautiful home tailored to your taste, with the flexibility to fit your budget. Choose from our extensive range of floor plans, show homes, product choices, and modifications available to suit your personal style.
EDISON URBAN UPGRADE
With Edison Urban Upgrade we can step in to help renovate your existing property or knock it down and custom build you a brand new home. This is a great option for homeowners who love their location and don’t want to move but desire certain modifications to accommodate an expanding family or modernization to add value.
Not ready to buy? We have rental properties available with high-end quality finishes and appliances. Our properties are safe, well lit and maintenance is only a quick call away! We provide a number of different main floor units, legal suites and garage rentals. You can earn Edison Equity by renting one of our properties.
Edison Homes offers rewards programs, including:
As a tenant you earn 15% of your rent towards upgrades in your new home build with us.*
Why Choose Edison Homes?
At Edison Homes we understand that one size doesn’t fit all. That’s why we deliver thoughtfully designed custom builds that are individual in character at all price points. We can design a home from scratch or tailor it to reflect your lifestyle and personal taste, the choice is yours.
Affordable custom homes
Own a brand new custom home at a price you can afford without sacrificing quality.
Experienced father and son team who know the market and have a design background.
No cookie cutter designs
Extensive range of innovative floor plans and high quality interior design touches.
We hand-pick our subcontractors to remain ahead of the competition.
Take possession of your new home quicker than you expected.
Personable client interaction
We talk to you to understand your unique needs and personal style.
Here are some of our most commonly asked questions.
If you can’t find your question in the list then please contact us.
1. I am interested in building a custom home with Edison Homes. Where do I start?
We’re excited to hear your plans for your dream home. Call Edison Homes for an initial no-obligation, in-person meeting to discuss what you are looking for in terms of style, size and budget for your new Saskatoon custom home.
2. How much is my new house construction going to cost in Saskatoon?
The cost of your new house depends on many factors such as the lot you choose, size of home, design and interior details. We provide a detailed quote to give you an idea of the cost involved before you proceed.
3. Who will I be dealing with when I work with Edison Homes?
Working with Edison Homes is an exciting process. You will be dealing with a number of professionals that make up our team, from the owners, site crews drafting and design specialists, to interior decorators and local businesses to make fixture and fitting selections.
4. How long does it take to build a new home in Saskatoon?
Depending on the size and type of home, we complete Saskatoon custom home builds in 4 to 5 months on average.
5. When are deposits required?
A small deposit is required once you have been pre-approved and are ready to start the drafting phase. A final deposit is required once you have approved your complete construction drawings and we are ready to begin your build.
6. Can I come to the construction site during our build?
Yes you can! An Edison Homes’ representative will accompany you to ensure we comply with our strict site safety regulations.
7. How does your Edison Equity plan work?
You can earn Edison Equity by renting one of our properties. As a tenant you earn 15% of your rent towards upgrades in your new home build with us.*
*terms and conditions apply
8. How does your Refer a Friend program work?
Refer a friend for a new build and receive $1000.00! Refer a friend for our Edison Rentals service and receive $250! Ask us how.*
Not ready to buy? We have rental properties available with high-end quality finishes and appliances. Our custom homes in Saskatoon are safe, well lit properties and maintenance is only a quick call away! We provide a number of different main floor units, legal suites and garage rentals. You can earn Edison Equity by renting one of our properties.
*terms and conditions apply
9. What is the First-Time Home Buyers Incentive, and how can I apply?
The First-time Home Buyers Incentive is a Canadian government scheme to make buying a first home more affordable. Launched in September 2019, the scheme requires buyers to have a minimum 5% deposit and the government will give you a loan of either 5% or 10% of the purchase price to increase your deposit. The good news for Edison Home buyers is that the government will lend 10% for new constructions.
10. Tell me more about the Progressive Home Warranty.
We provide a Progressive Home Warranty as part of our sales and construction process. Progressive are a Canadian new home warranty insurance brokerage backing some of the best home builders in the industry. A home warranty isn’t the same as home insurance.
It gives you peace of mind that you’re protected against defects in work and materials as well as major structural defects.
11. Why should I live in Saskatoon?
Saskatoon ranks as one of the sunniest cities in Canada, and is known for its low cost of living and natural beauty spots in and outside the city. It’s a great place to keep active with plenty of jogging, cycling trails and has a lively nightlife; you can even experience stunning northern light shows from our rooftop bars! If you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle, enjoy a lower cost of living, and a place with a real sense of community, then moving to Saskatoon is a great idea.
12. What are the perks to buying a Quick Possession/Move-in Ready home?
- You can move in quickly without a lengthy construction time
- You get a house pre-loaded with special finishes and details, eliminating budget worries
- You can tour the home and see it with your own eyes so what you see is what you get
- You can add minor customizations to make your mark if the home is still being built
- You can get great resale value on a brand new home
- You can take advantage of builder incentives or bonuses
13. Where do I start in getting financial help to buy a new home?
The Canadian government offers a number of programs to support new homebuyers:
14. What are the perks to building a custom home?
- You can decide on the size, location and design of the home to fit your lifestyle
- You know exactly how high quality the home is because you chose the materials
- You can make it eco friendly to save on energy bills
- You can monitor your home’s progress and stick to your budget
- You’ll get a solid return on your investment if and when you decide to sell
Ready to share your new home vision?
Give us a call, or email. Our expert team is on hand to give you more
information or find out about your new home vision.